TALENT WANTED! Calling all Web Designers…
January 4, 2013
Role: WEB DESIGNER (specializing in frontend development)
Steel Media are looking for a new Web Designer to join our team and help build new sites, improve existing ones and generally work on the coolest projects for our online activities. Working alongside our experienced design team, you must be a self-starter with intimate knowledge of web design, who is able to learn quickly, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and drive results within a team through excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You’ll be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and improvement of our current sites [Pocket Gamer, Quality Index, Smart TV Radar, App Spy, etc], as well the development of new ones.
Working alongside senior members of the team, you’d be expected to be skilled and focused on:
- Excellent understanding of WordPress toolset;
- Discipline in testing and quality assurance;
- Producing easy to use, intuitive user interfaces from visuals and wireframes, and take on the development and backend coding to support a wide range of requirements;
- Commanding good web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility;
- Knowledge of interaction design principles;
- An ability to think critically and provide recommendations for solutions or improvements;
- Meet regularly with the team to discuss schedules as well as a company-wide online strategy;
- Apply social media tools and channels (WordPress, Twitter, Facebook);
- Manage the technical platform for the site, including hosting, coordinating with outside developers.
- At least 2 years professional web development (including dynamic database driven sites);
- Translating flat visuals into flexible and usable code templates;
- Rapid prototyping of new designs and features;
- Able to demonstrate a clear methodology, timeline and strategy for website builds.
You must be able to demonstrate real experience in:
- HTML / XHTML / HTML 5
- Web standards (W3C)
- Cross browser development (knowledge of browser differences and incompatibilities)
- Photoshop and some graphic design experience
You would also have a working knowledge and the ability to competently answer questions regarding:
A competent understanding of the following would be a destinct advantage:
- ASP (‘classic’ / 3.0)
- Postegre SQL
- MVC framework concepts
- Other frameworks
- Mobile app development
What’s just as important is that you’ll have a passion for all things digital, and are keen to identify, learn, and implement innovative new ideas and technologies.
If you want to join a growing company with brilliant clients and exciting plans, and you’re full of big ideas, but passionate about the tech, this could be the role for you.
The creative team operate out of it’s offices on the outskirts of Bath in Somerset, but we have smaller offices in Manchester and London. The right candidate may be able to work from home and there is certainly an expectation to attend regular meet-ups as required.
Salary: Dependant on experience
Employment Type: The position is advertised as a full time role, but we may also consider part-time or contract employment.
Send us a description of your most recent work: methodologies, sources, guidelines, and tactics you employed to improve the project. Please provide a link or a description of the actual result and illustrate how many of your ideas were implemented.
Submit this along with your CV to email@example.com with subject line “The best Web Designer EVER”